Honda Kawasaki Yamaha & Suzuki Japanese week at mono motorcycles
It’s October & it’s sunny! The mono motorcycles workshop has (after a few weeks being dominated by the British Nortons, BSA’s & Triumphs) suddenly seen a selection of Japanese motorcycles through our doors. Here’s what the mono motorcycles week has looked like with our Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha & Suzuki guests.
We began last weeks rosta with a Yamaha VMAX in for new coolant hoses & a full carburettor balance. The customer supplied mono motorcycles with the new water hoses.
Once these had been fitted, Daniel Morris then began the process of balancing the carburettors. The Yamaha VMAX carburettors were very much in need of balancing & completely transformed the riding once completed.
Towards the end of last week we welcomed a Yamaha FJR 1300. The Yamaha FJR was originally booked in for replacement tyres. However, once the customer had brought the Yamaha FJR to mono motorcycles, he advised us that the riding was awkward & he felt it might have been down to the dent in the front wheel. When Daniel Morris rode the Yamaha FJR he corroborated this theory. Upon further inspection, the brake pads were in need of being replaced.
Daniel Morris managed to locate a second hand wheel for the Yamaha FJR customer, to which end he agreed it’s purchase. Once the wheel, new tyres & brake pads had arrived a few days later; the Yamaha FJR was ready to be collected by her owner.
Two Yamaha R1’s joined us at the beginning of this week. The first Yamaha R1 was with us for replacement plugs & MOT & the second Yamaha R1 for replacement brake pads.
We have welcomed four Honda’s into the workshop this week.
The first Honda, a CBR500R, was brought to mono motorcycles for minor crash repairs. With a little dexterous teasing, the front handlebars, which had been twisted at the yoke, were straightened & the gear selector pulled straight.
The second Honda, a CBR250R, joined us for a full service & clutch replacement.
Our third Honda, a CBR600F, was with mono motorcycles for electrical issues. Upon investigation, it was discovered that the main 30amp fuse had blown & in doing it’s job by protecting the wiring loom, had not allowed the Honda CBR600F to start.
As part of the service & to ensure no fault codes existed, Daniel Morris completed a diagnostic check using our TEXA Diagnostic software/hardware.
The fourth Honda, a NC750XAJ, joined us for some wiring upgrades & assessments.
One of our regular customers Suzuki GS125 joined us for a service & the Kawasaki Z750 for valve clearance checks. Upon checking, Daniel Morris found that all of the exhaust shims were out of tolerance making the clearances on the Kawasaki Z750 too tight. With the shims replaced & the coils, the Kawasaki is now running smoothly.
Some of you may remember the Ducati 996 we started to put together at the beginning of 2018. The rebuild of the Ducati came to a halt when we tried to start it, as the engine was mixing the oil & water, along with a closing shim holding a valve open. Well, it’s been tucked away while our customer saved up the funds to repair it. Earlier this week we pulled the heads & water pump off ahead of a rebuild with new components. Watch this space!
Our final breakfast club of 2018 is next Sunday, the 28th October. Join us on 2 wheels or four for an autumnal breakfast.
Purchase your tickets from the mono motorcycles workshop, over the telephone or online https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONO-MOTORCYCLES-CHRISTMAS-CHARITY-QUIZ-TICKETS/253860023122