Winter motorcycle protection. External protection for your motorcycle.
Winter motorcycle protection is essential. Whether you plan to ride throughout the winter or you are putting your motorcycle into hibernation: there are essential protection procedures you need to undertake to preserve & extend the life of your motorcycle.
As winter approaches, here at mono motorcycles we are mindful of the service needs of our customers motorcycles. It is with this in mind that we have prepared several winter motorcycle protection packages tailored to each motorcycles needs. This blog focuses on the external components, working parts & paint surfaces of your motorcycle.
Detailing, winter paint protection & winter coating protection.
Detailing is an essential part of motorcycle ownership. With all motorcycles being susceptible to UV damage, salt, fallout & acid from insects, it is always wise to protect against the damage these environmental issues can cause. Therefore, not only does detailing preserve the paint finish of the motorcycle, but it also helps prevent rust, oxidisation of paint finish & corrosion to unprotected alloys.
In addition, there has been more than one occasion when I’ve found a problem or a loose component while cleaning a customers vehicle. It’s always good to cast an eye over the fluid levels/brake pads & make sure nothing is loose or needs attention. The mono motorcycles detailing package not only helps with servicing issues, protects & prolongs the motorcycles life; it also helps to retain the resale value of your machine.
Here is what’s involved with detailing your motorcycle at Mono Motorcycles.
Unlike most other motorcycle detailer’s, here at Mono Motorcycles we pride ourselves on the ultimate protection for your motorcycle.
Not only do we correct all your painted surfaces, we also remove all fairings & wheels, polish corroded exhaust systems, flat and polish plastic headlights. As part of the detailing package, we even re-grease your chain before sealing your pride and joy with a combination of nano sealants, Zymol waxes & ACF50; giving your bike the ultimate protection.
Mono motorcycles unique detailing protection package is unlike any other. Mono motorcycles use a mixture of a hand applied sealants to all the paintwork, metals, wheels, followed by a nano spray to seal all the hard to reach areas. The nano sealant protects your motorcycle from oil, road grime, fallout, mud & salt, making it easier to clean.
ACF50 preserves the unprotected areas such as bare alloys, helping to protect your motorcycle & keep the resale value. This can be used on any type of motorcycle from road, sports bikes, customs & even off road machines!
HERE IS WHAT IS INVOLVED:
- Wash and de-grease using ph neutral shampoo snow foam.
- Clay bar tank, fairing panels to gently remove any ground in dirt.
- Remove fairings, hand wash engine & panels.
- Dry with warm air & microfiber towel.
- Remove seat & panels
- Dry clean & re-seal all electrical connections.
- Polish exhaust system to remove oxidisation. (Acid clean & re-polish if required).
- Remove wheels to gain access. Clay, polish & seal wheels, shock absorber’s & underside of mudguards.
- Wet flat & polish headlight (plastic) to remove chips & yellowing.
- Plastic polish to screen if fitted.
- Detail engine, frame & swing arm.
- Polish & seal all wheels & calipers.
- Polish inside all panels & seal by hand with nano protection.
- Coat all surfaces with nano spray sealant
- Refit wheels, clean & re-grease chain. Check & adjust chain & tyre pressures.
- Refit fairings.
- Paint correction to all painted surfaces.
- Paint cleaner, nano polish & nano sealant applied by hand.
A full motorcycle detail can take between 2-8 hrs, depending on the motorcycle & it’s condition.
mono motorcycles are currently offering two external winter protection services:
Full machine detail: £120.00 (RRP £150) See above for details.
Winter protection coating, which includes ACF50: £75.00
Contact Daniel or Katy on T: 01243 576212 / 07899 654446, E: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.